Bellevue Av. was once a major thoroughfare, with homes and businesses on both sides of the street, and starting near the Plaza. Originally, it was a very short street, and as such was named Short St. Later, in 1885, it was lengthened and called Bellevue Ave. and named for a town in France. It ran from the NW boundary of the City Limits, then SE to Edgeware Road, then turned SE again to Upper Main, between Reservoir St (now another portion of Sunset Blvd) and Temple. From the Plaza to what is now around Marion Ave, somewhere, it was what became Sunset Blvd.